- Editorial Roundup: Kentuckyon August 5, 2021 at 5:52 am
Bowling Green Daily News. August 3, 2021. Editorial: Med Center makes right call on vaccine requirement Once again, much of southcentral Kentucky finds itself at a critical juncture in the … Click to Continue »
- Ex-Kentucky officer pleads guilty to striking protesteron August 5, 2021 at 5:52 am
A former Louisville police officer pleaded guilty Wednesday to striking a kneeling protester in the back of the head with a riot stick during protests over the death of Breonna … Click to Continue »
- Report: Pandemic a role in Kentucky’s record overdose deathson August 5, 2021 at 5:52 am
Fatal drug overdoses in Kentucky — an ongoing scourge that has ravaged communities in the state — surged nearly 50% last year and isolation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic was … Click to Continue »
- Kentucky reports highest daily COVID-19 numbers in monthson August 5, 2021 at 5:52 am
Kentucky reported more than 2,500 new coronavirus cases Wednesday, the highest daily number since early February as the governor warned that the growing outbreak will lead to more deaths. The … Click to Continue »
- Customs intercepts shipment of ancient artifacts in Kentuckyon August 5, 2021 at 5:51 am
A shipment containing 10th century artifacts was intercepted by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Louisville, the agency said. The items were on their way from Mexico to a … Click to Continue »
- The John Clay Podcast: A scouting report on Will Levison August 4, 2021 at 10:08 pm
210804claypodlevislist Subscribe here to receive episodes of the John Clay Podcast in the feed of your favorite podcasting app: Apple Podcasts / iHeart Radio / Spotify / Stitcher / TuneIn … Click to Continue »
- After a year apart, Kentucky women’s basketball to resume rivalry with Louisvilleon August 4, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last season, for the first time in the modern era of women’s college basketball, the University of Kentucky didn’t play against the University of Louisville. But this season, the rivalry … Click to Continue »
- Kyra Elzy desires a blue-collar Kentucky women’s basketball teamon August 4, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Kentucky women's basketball head coach Kyra Elzy discusses what she learned from her first season as head coach of the Wildcats. Elzy spoke to the Herald-Leader on July 28. … Click to Continue »
- UK golfers ‘pumped’ as late teammate’s hometown course to be named ‘The Cullan’on August 4, 2021 at 4:23 pm
As a youngster, Cullan Brown spent countless hours on his hometown golf course at Mineral Mound State Park, playing with his father, his uncle, his sister, hitting the ball farther … Click to Continue »
- Eddyville golf course to be named for late UK golferon August 4, 2021 at 4:22 pm
University of Kentucky golf coach Brian Craig talks about Cullan Brown, who died of cancer at age 20 in 2020. Brown's home course in Eddyville will be named for him in a ceremony on Monday, August 9, 2021. … Click to Continue »
AP Top Headlines
- Japan to expand Covid emergency restrictions to 8 more regions, as Tokyo tallies record daily surgeby RT on August 5, 2021 at 3:55 am
Japanese officials have agreed to tighten Covid-19 measures in eight more prefectures, with six already under full states of emergency, including this year’s Olympic host, Tokyo, which posted a record number of daily infections. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Israeli warplanes pound southern Lebanon, as IDF vows to ‘continue & intensify’ retaliation to rocket fire (VIDEO)by RT on August 4, 2021 at 11:30 pm
The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) launched a series of airstrikes on Lebanese territory, calling them retaliation for cross-border rocket attacks after earlier firing scores of artillery rounds in response. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Turkish power plant EVACUATED as wildfire inferno bears down on facility (VIDEOS)by RT on August 4, 2021 at 8:47 pm
A massive wildfire raging in Turkey’s southern province of Mugla has encroached onto the site of a local power plant, threatening to burn the facility down. The plant has been evacuated, and the local electricity supply cut off. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Tear gas & rubber bullets used against Lebanese protesters demanding justice for victims of Beirut blast (VIDEOS)by RT on August 4, 2021 at 5:08 pm
Lebanese police have fired rubber bullets and tear gas at rock-throwing demonstrators in Beirut, who are angry that no one has been punished for last year’s massive explosion that killed hundreds and devastated the city. Read Full Article at RT.com
- China reimposes restrictions on overseas travel amid crackdown to control jump in Covid casesby RT on August 4, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Chinese officials have announced new restrictions on overseas travel, restricting the issuing of passports and other documents except in “non-essential” circumstances, as the state tries to curb rising Covid cases. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Iran records 4mn total Covid-19 cases as worst-hit Middle Eastern nation struggles with record daily infections by RT on August 4, 2021 at 4:04 pm
Iran’s health ministry has reported that new Covid-19 infections broke its single-day record for the third day in a row on Wednesday, as total case numbers soared above 4 million amid a spike driven by the Delta variant. Read Full Article at RT.com
- EU signs deal with Novavax for up to 200 million Covid-19 jabs in bid to diversify vaccine portfolioby RT on August 4, 2021 at 3:59 pm
The European Commission has approved a deal that allows EU member states to buy up to 200 million doses of Novavax’s Covid-19 vaccine, once the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has deemed it safe and effective for use. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Beirut ‘responsible’ for Lebanon-based ‘terrorist attacks’ on Israel, IDF claims as UN calls for ‘restraint’by RT on August 4, 2021 at 3:50 pm
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has said Beirut needs to take responsibility for acts of hostility, notably Wednesday’s rocket fire originating in Lebanon, as the UN pleads with all involved to avoid an escalation. Read Full Article at RT.com
- WHO pushes for global moratorium on Covid-19 booster shots, calls on influencers to spread the wordby RT on August 4, 2021 at 3:03 pm
The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has called on nations to not administer Covid booster shots until at least the end of September, in an effort to first ensure a base level of vaccine coverage across the globe. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Protesters hit streets of Beirut as Lebanon marks one-year anniversary of devastating port explosion (VIDEOS)by RT on August 4, 2021 at 2:55 pm
Thousands of protesters have taken to the streets of Beirut, marking the first anniversary of the devastating port blast and demanding justice for its victims. One year on, nobody has been held accountable for the catastrophe. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Crouser breaks Olympic record to defend shot put titleon August 5, 2021 at 5:24 am
American Ryan Crouser beats his own Olympic record to defend his shot put title at Tokyo 2020.
- Peter Bol: The Sudanese-Australian runner who lifted a nationon August 5, 2021 at 4:51 am
Peter Bol's Olympics has delighted Australians, becoming a "symbol of what we can aspire to be".
- Big signings, second chance for Pochettino & Lille's losses - can PSG take back Ligue 1 control?on August 5, 2021 at 3:51 am
Dethroned last season, Mauricio Pochettino's men have a point to prove, but Lille won't go without a fight, while Marseille and Monaco could cause problems
- GB set new national record in 4x100m semis ahead of USA & Jamaicaon August 5, 2021 at 3:42 am
Dina Asher-Smith returns as Great Britain set a new national record to reach the women's 4x100m relay final.
- UK takes France off 'amber-plus' liston August 5, 2021 at 1:25 am
Germany, Austria and Norway move to the green list under changes to the travel traffic light system.
- US plans to require Covid vaccine for foreign travellerson August 5, 2021 at 12:42 am
Most international travellers will eventually need to be vaccinated when the US reopens borders.
- Scuba-diver photographs Scotland's colourful marine lifeon August 4, 2021 at 11:46 pm
Scuba-diver Ross McLaren has taken thousands of photos of marine life in Scotland's rivers and sea-lochs.
- Mexico sues US gun manufacturers over arms traffickingon August 4, 2021 at 11:32 pm
The lawsuit accuses companies of fuelling bloodshed through negligent business practices.
- How a fake network pushes pro-China propagandaon August 4, 2021 at 11:13 pm
The web of 350 fake social media profiles aims to discredit the West, sometimes with garish cartoons.
- Article 370: Why more locals in Kashmir are becoming militantson August 4, 2021 at 11:11 pm
Two years after India revoked Kashmir's status, more locals are taking up arms in the disputed region.