- Charles Booker launches exploratory committee for Rand Paul’s U.S. Senate seaton April 12, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Former state Rep. Charles Booker announced Monday that he is launching an exploratory committee for the 2022 U.S. Senate race. “Kentuckians deserve a senator who will fight as hard for … Click to Continue »
- ‘The motive ... was money.’ Doctor sentenced in bribe scheme involving Kentucky lab.on April 12, 2021 at 12:43 pm
A doctor who took more than $400,000 in bribes to send drug-testing samples to a Kentucky laboratory has been sentenced to a year and three months in federal prison. The … Click to Continue »
- Woman killed, officer injured in central Kentucky crashon April 12, 2021 at 12:25 pm
A woman was killed and a police officer injured in a crash early Monday in central Kentucky, officials said. The collision was reported around 1:30 a.m. in Lexington as officers … Click to Continue »
- New wildlife management area opens in eastern Kentuckyon April 12, 2021 at 8:06 am
A new wildlife management area has opened in eastern Kentucky. The Ross Creek Wildlife Management Area spans nearly 1,000 acres (405 hectares) across a bend in the Kentucky River near … Click to Continue »
- Indiana district wants public barred from molestation caseon April 11, 2021 at 1:21 pm
A southern Indiana school district wants to bar the public from the civil trial of a man sentenced to 120 years in prison for molesting 20 children while working at … Click to Continue »
- The transfer portal is driving Dick Vitale crazy, babyon April 12, 2021 at 11:57 am
The flood of college basketball players into the transfer portal isn’t sitting well with ESPN analyst Dick Vitale. Here are a few of his tweets over the weekend. This transferring … Click to Continue »
- Is star recruit Scoota Henderson a Kentucky point guard option for next season?on April 12, 2021 at 11:00 am
It has been undisputed for a while now that Scoota Henderson is one of the best point guards in the high school recruiting class of 2022. The biggest question on … Click to Continue »
- Baylor coach, former Kentucky players say ‘a lot of blessings’ come with patienceon April 11, 2021 at 12:15 pm
For those who applaud or abhor the idea of college athletes being able to transfer without having to sit out a season, this coming week figures to be newsy. The … Click to Continue »
- Kentucky football recruiting takes a hit, but the game’s not overon April 11, 2021 at 11:25 am
Rutgers? Really? Yes, really. Kentucky’s No. 1 football prep prospect for the class of 2022, Owensboro quarterback Gavin Wimsatt, pledged his allegiance to the Scarlet Knights on Friday, publicly committing … Click to Continue »
- ‘He was my idol.’ Tom Hammond mourns death of ex-UK star who was his childhood hero.on April 11, 2021 at 11:00 am
In the years in which he served as the broadcast host for NBC’s Kentucky Derby coverage, Tom Hammond would sometimes be distracted from his duties by a deeply resonant, gravelly … Click to Continue »
AP Top Headlines
- Merkel’s party bigwigs back chair Armin Laschet to run for chancellor after competing bid from head of Bavarian sister partyby RT on April 12, 2021 at 12:44 pm
The executive committee of the CDU, Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party, backed its new chair Armin Laschet to run for the top job. Meanwhile, the head of their Bavarian allies also voiced his wish to run for the chancellorship. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Lebanese minister adds 1,400 square kilometers to disputed maritime territory with Israelby RT on April 12, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Lebanon’s interim Public Works Minister Michel Najjar has added 1,400 square kilometers to Lebanon’s claim in its maritime border dispute with Israel, adding a new challenge to the already fraught talks between the two nations. Read Full Article at RT.com
- 1 killed, 1 wounded in shooting outside Paris hospital, attacker on the run – mediaby RT on April 12, 2021 at 12:30 pm
One person was killed and another injured after an unknown assailant opened fire outside the Henry-Dunant hospital in Paris on Monday, a French TV channel has reported, citing a police source. Read Full Article at RT.com
- EU pushes AstraZeneca for answers on undelivered Covid-19 jabsby RT on April 12, 2021 at 12:24 pm
The European Commission has said it is still waiting for AstraZeneca to respond to a letter sent to the company in March as part of a dispute-resolution process, seeking clarification concerning continued supply shortfalls. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Japan launches Covid-19 jabs for elderly population, but experts say pace of vaccinations ‘cannot prevent’ fourth waveby RT on April 12, 2021 at 11:10 am
Japan has begun vaccinating its sizeable population of over-65s at some 120 sites across the country, but experts say the program is far too slow to prevent the fourth wave from gathering pace. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Banker candidate scores surprise win in Ecuador presidential election amid massive ballot-spoiling campaignby RT on April 12, 2021 at 10:41 am
An attempted comeback by Ecuadorian leftists ended in a disappointing defeat after their presidential candidate lost to an IMF-friendly career banker. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Fed Chair warns cyberattacks pose biggest threat to US economyby RT on April 12, 2021 at 10:39 am
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has warned that the biggest risk to the US economy is the threat of cyberattacks, which could bring financial institutions to a halt by taking away their ability to track payments. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Cairo ‘keen to establish relations’ with Turkey, applauds Ankara’s signals after years of animosityby RT on April 12, 2021 at 10:11 am
Egypt’s foreign minister has hailed the positive signals and dialog coming out of Ankara and reinforced his government’s wishes to establish good relations with Turkey following years of animosity after President Morsi’s removal. Read Full Article at RT.com
- All eyes on Tokyo, says Beijing, as Japan reportedly plans to sign off on dumping nuclear wastewater into sea on Tuesdayby RT on April 12, 2021 at 8:57 am
The Chinese Foreign Ministry has said “the international community is watching Japan” and called on Tokyo to “fulfil [its] international responsibilities” as the government there mulls discharging nuclear wastewater into the sea. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Iran’s Foreign Ministry blames Israel for Natanz incident, calls it trap to derail sanctions talks in Viennaby RT on April 12, 2021 at 7:59 am
Iranian diplomats accused Israel of an “act against humanity” targeting the Natanz uranium enrichment facility, saying it was meant to derail talks on the lifting of sanctions. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Prince Philip: William pays tribute to 'extraordinary' grandfatheron April 12, 2021 at 1:27 pm
The duke says “I will miss my Grandpa, but I know he would want us to get on with the job."
- Iran vows revenge for 'Israeli' attack on Natanz nuclear siteon April 12, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Iran's foreign ministry blames Israel for Sunday's incident at the Natanz uranium enrichment plant.
- Innsbruck and Turin to co-host Davis Cup Finals with Madridon April 12, 2021 at 12:28 pm
Turin and Innsbruck join Madrid as co-hosts of this year's 18-team Davis Cup Finals, which will run for 11 days from 25 November.
- Minneapolis: Daunte Wright killing by police near city sparks unreston April 12, 2021 at 11:43 am
Tear gas is fired and an overnight curfew imposed amid anger at the fatal shooting of Daunte Wright.
- Prince Philip: The Vanuatu tribes mourning the death of their 'god'on April 12, 2021 at 11:34 am
As Britain grieves his death, so do some Pacific tribespeople who revere him as a spiritual figure.
- 'My mates said they'll never pay for beers again' - Morris on becoming IPL's most expensive playeron April 12, 2021 at 11:32 am
From his all-round ability on a cricket field to a love of music and Manchester United, BBC Sport speaks to Chris Morris, the most expensive player in Indian Premier League history.
- Haridwar: Crowds surging at Kumbh Mela as India overtakes Brazil in Covid caseson April 12, 2021 at 11:30 am
Millions are participating in the Kumbh Mela even as India overtakes Brazil in Covid infections.
- Camille Pissarro: Transatlantic struggle for painting stolen by Nazison April 12, 2021 at 11:28 am
A Pissarro painting is the focus of a custody battle involving a Holocaust survivor and a US museum.
- Cyclone Seroja: Storm leaves trail of damage in Western Australiaon April 12, 2021 at 10:41 am
Strong winds tore across the state on Sunday and Monday, damaging homes and leaving thousands without power.
- France moves to ban short-haul domestic flightson April 12, 2021 at 10:36 am
MPs vote to stop flights where the journey could be made by train in under 2.5 hours.