- Remains of soldier from Korean War to be interred this weekon June 22, 2021 at 11:17 am
A funeral will be held this week for a Kentucky soldier killed during the Korean War, Fort Knox said. The remains of Army Cpl. Burl Mullins will be interred Saturday … Click to Continue »
- Bowling Green chosen for trailer manufacturing operationon June 22, 2021 at 11:17 am
A semi-trailer and equipment manufacturer has chosen Kentucky for its first U.S. facility in nearly 25 years in a project expected to eventually create nearly 300 full-time jobs, Gov. Andy … Click to Continue »
- AppHarvest to open 2 more indoor farms, expand into berrieson June 22, 2021 at 11:15 am
AppHarvest on Monday continued its fast-paced growth in Kentucky, announcing the start of construction for two more massive indoor farms and its expansion into growing berry crops. The company said … Click to Continue »
- Kentucky agency wants public to report sick or dying birdson June 22, 2021 at 11:15 am
Kentucky officials are asking residents in some counties to stop feeding birds and for anyone who encounters a sick or dying bird to report it online. The Department of Fish … Click to Continue »
- Ferry between Ky., Missouri closed for sediment removalon June 22, 2021 at 11:15 am
A ferry that carries vehicles across the Mississippi River between Kentucky and Missouri has been shut down due to accumulated sand blocking access to a landing, officials said. The Dorena-Hickman … Click to Continue »
- Nation’s No. 1 shooting guard visiting Kentucky. Do the Cats have a chance?on June 22, 2021 at 10:00 am
The nation’s No. 1 shooting guard recruit is scheduled to be on Kentucky’s campus soon for his first trip to Lexington amid an understandably ultra-competitive battle for his college commitment. … Click to Continue »
- Booker has first triple-double, Suns beat Clippers 120-114on June 21, 2021 at 11:21 pm
Devin Booker's first exposure to playoff basketball continues to be a revelation. Not necessarily for him, but for the rest of the NBA. Booker had 40 points, 13 rebounds and … Click to Continue »
- The John Clay Podcast: Kentucky basketball recruiting updateon June 21, 2021 at 9:15 pm
Subscribe here to receive episodes of the John Clay Podcast in the feed of your favorite podcasting app: Apple Podcasts / iHeart Radio / Spotify / Stitcher / TuneIn / … Click to Continue »
- There is an odd dynamic about the 2021 Kentucky quarterback competitionon June 21, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Quick hitters from the Brooklyn Nets wake: 21. Liam Coen. Job one for the former Los Angeles Rams assistant quarterbacks coach now that he is running the Kentucky Wildcats offense … Click to Continue »
- Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo commits to Team USA for Tokyo Olympicson June 21, 2021 at 6:04 pm
Bam Adebayo’s offseason schedule now includes a trip to Tokyo for the Olympics. The Miami Heat star center committed to join Team USA’s 12-man roster for the Olympics this summer, … Click to Continue »
AP Top Headlines
- French police fire tear gas at protest march in Nantes, break up crowds at street music festival in Paris (VIDEOS)by RT on June 22, 2021 at 11:17 am
Police have dispersed a march in memory of a young man who died during a 2019 raid in the western French city of Nantes on Monday. Officers have also broken up crowds at a music festival in Paris one day after a curfew was lifted. Read Full Article at RT.com
- ‘Would plunge into greater disappointment’: Kim Yo-jong warns US not to get hopes up for return to dialogue with North Koreaby RT on June 22, 2021 at 10:48 am
Kim Yo-jong, the sister of North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un, shot down the United States’ hopes for a return to dialogue between the two countries, warning that such an expectation would leave the US disappointed. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Hong Kong rejects attempts by Western nations to ‘beautify’ media outlets that try to ‘subvert’ governmentby RT on June 22, 2021 at 10:35 am
Hong Kong’s chief executive, Carrie Lam, has slammed Western nations for attempting to “beautify” media outlets that threaten national security by trying to “subvert” democracy, after authorities raided the Apple Daily newspaper. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Vaccine tourism: Abu Dhabi allows tourists to book Covid-19 shots for freeby RT on June 22, 2021 at 9:47 am
The capital of the UAE has opened up its vaccination campaign to tourists, allowing those travelling to the emirate on a tourist visa to get jabbed for free before returning to their country of residence. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Renewed strikes in France over nuclear reforms lead to a 3.12% drop in power outputby RT on June 22, 2021 at 8:58 am
In the latest protests over the government’s energy reform plan, workers downed tools at EDF and Engie nuclear power sites and hydropower stations, and electricity generation fell by 3.12%. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Philippines President Duterte threatens to jail those refusing Covid shots and ‘inject vaccine in their butts’by RT on June 22, 2021 at 7:12 am
Angered by the country’s low vaccination rate, Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has said he may jail people who refuse to get the shot against coronavirus. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Every third Canadian sees their country as racist, but views differ sharply by gender, age and political party – pollby RT on June 22, 2021 at 12:40 am
Some 34% of Canadians believe they live in a "racist country," claims a new poll. However, those views are more pronounced in some demographics than others. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Justin Bieber goes viral on Instagram after ‘dropping in’ on French President Macron at Elysee Palaceby RT on June 22, 2021 at 12:11 am
Millions of Justin Bieber’s Instagram fans liked a photo in which the Canadian-born crooner and his model wife posed with the president and first lady of France after stopping by the Elysee Palace during their visit to Paris. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Brazilian court clears ex-President Lula of corruption charges in another legal winby RT on June 21, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Brazil’s former leftist president, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, scored a fresh legal victory on Monday after a federal court acquitted him of passive corruption charges relating to alleged political favors, citing lack of evidence. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Israel's defense ministry claims success in downing drones using plane-mounted laser (VIDEO)by RT on June 21, 2021 at 7:32 pm
The Israeli ministry of defense has said that a powerful plane-mounted laser it developed was able to shoot down several drones during tests over the Mediterranean Sea, in a first for the country. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Mount and Chilwell out of Czech Republic clash as they self-isolateon June 22, 2021 at 11:28 am
England's Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell are out of Tuesday's game with the Czech Republic as they self-isolate because of a risk of Covid-19 exposure.
- Myanmar army clashes with anti-junta militia in major cityon June 22, 2021 at 11:12 am
Four members of the opposition militia are reported dead in the first such clashes in a major city.
- Unesco: Great Barrier Reef should be listed as 'in danger'on June 22, 2021 at 10:38 am
Canberra lashes out as the UN says the reef should join a list of World Heritage Sites "in danger".
- Bumble closes to give 'burnt-out' staff a week's breakon June 22, 2021 at 10:27 am
A senior employee wrote on Twitter that the extra holiday was to deal with "collective burnout".
- British and Irish Lions: Eight debutants to face Japanon June 22, 2021 at 10:17 am
The British and Irish Lions will have eight debutants in their team to face Japan on Saturday.
- US could slow Afghanistan withdrawal amid Taliban gainson June 22, 2021 at 9:52 am
The Pentagon says September is still its withdrawal target as the Taliban seizes land and weapons.
- 'Why it’s time for Henderson to return for England'on June 22, 2021 at 9:03 am
Former England midfielder and BBC Sport columnist Danny Murphy says the Three Lions' final game in Group D against the Czech Republic is the perfect time to bring Jordan Henderson back into midfield.
- Billie Eilish sorry for mouthing anti-Asian slur in resurfaced videoon June 22, 2021 at 8:58 am
The singer said she's "appalled" by a clip which has been shared recently on TikTok.
- Australian mouse plague: Thousands of inmates moved from infested jailon June 22, 2021 at 8:32 am
Hundreds of inmates are relocated as New South Wales grapples with exploding numbers of mice.
- Singaporean who tortured and killed Myanmar maid gets 30 years in jailon June 22, 2021 at 8:30 am
The 24-year old maid from Myanmar was tortured and starved before her death in 2016.